Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weeping for A Harvest of Souls

Last Sunday I preached on the necessity of crying out to God for the true conversion of lost people. Here is the audio to download or play.

In Matthew 9:35-39, Jesus saw the multitudes and was moved with compassion when he saw them distressed and turned about and as sheep without a shepherd. I believe he wept for them like He did when he was at the grave of Lazarus with Mary and Martha.

My main point was this:

PARTNER WITH US IN THE GOSPEL THROUGH SOWING AND REAPING AS WE WEEP FOR A HARVEST OF SOULS.

Here were my four main points:
  1. Believe the promise of the harvest of souls. (Psalm 126:5-6)
  2. Cultivate a heart that weeps for souls (Psalm 126:5-6; Matt 9:36; 2 Cor 5:11)
  3. Obediently sow the Gospel and read with the work of the Holy Spirit. (Matt 9:37; 1 Cor 1:22-24; Psalm 126:6; Matt 9:37)
  4. Partner with the church in the harvesting.
This partnering is a part 2 challenge to the church that I began on January 18th when I called the body to partner with us in the Gospel through sacrificial giving (read or listen/download).

No comments: