Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stay Away from "Shack" Like Thinking


I know this is a little late - The Shack has been out for quite some time. I admit that I have not read the book cover to cover, but I have listened to more than half of it (including the end which has the author's explanation). My wife would say that I have a strong stomach (so does my side of the family) but even I couldn't keep this book down. I couldn't help but gag several times as I contemplated the books sentimental and sappy view of the Trinity. I realize that we often have a wrong view of God and we need our shallow views challenged - but the The Shack's different view is in the wrong direction (think Dr. Phil, Oprah and Richard Simmons).

For a brief intro and perspective on the bad theology of this massively popular book see this video by Mark Driscoll.



If you want to read more on this book from a theological and biblical perspective, I encourage you to read the lengthy review by Tim Challies. If you haven't bookmarked it all ready, his website Discerning Reader is a very helpful website for books.

No comments: