Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Sound of Music in Unexpected Places


I just came across this from Randy Alcorn's blog "Eternal Perspectives." He writes:
If you haven’t seen this video, it’ll make your day. I just watched it again as I took a brief break from final revisions on my book.

Think of it as God’s common grace at work in this world. In the midst of mundane pressures and cares, including yours and mine and those of commuters in Antwerp, Belgium, comes sheer delight. A gift. And all gifts are ultimately from Him, the Creator behind all that is creative, the Delight behind the delightful, the Good behind all goodness.

Let it remind you of God’s gifts, large and small. And let it serve as a foretaste of eternal delight in the resurrection, on God’s New Earth: “In your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:3).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I actually plotted to do something very similar with some friends when I was at NWC except I was going to do "Seize the Day" from the movie Newsies. We were going to make it just as random and choreographed during the busiest time in the cafeteria. It never materialized because we were all too busy to make practice. This video fulfills a dream for me! Thanks!

Becky said...

What a fantastic video! And even better, while I was on the site that posted that video I came across some others one of them being this one Coffee with Jesus http://www.churchfuel.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=65 that is going to serve as the perfect intro. to my class's discussion on prayer this Sunday - you've just got to love how God works! :)

Scott said...

Just watched it for the second time, and this go around I watched it with Barb & Abby. Now, Daniel, you've got to remember that Barb is a "Sound of Music" fanatic. It stirs something deep inside me that I can't put a finger on yet...something I am simmering on the back burner. Thanks for sharing!