Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pray for Your Pastor Each Weekend

If I am your pastor, please pray for me each weekend. Pray for me throughout the week and especially on Saturday (as I finish preparing my sermon through prayer) and on Sunday while I deliver God's message through preaching. If I am not your pastor, pray for your own pastor who will get up and proclaim the Word this weekend. If you don't have a pastor who preaches the Word -- for your soul's sake -- FIND ONE!

Be like the "illiterate lay-brother" in this story that Charles Spurgeon gives in his book to pastors (
Lectures to My Students). He writes:
A certain preacher, whose sermons converted men by scores, received a revelation from heaven that not one of the conversions was owing to his talents or eloquence, but all to the prayers of an illiterate lay-brother, who sat on the pulpit steps, pleading all the time for the success of the sermon.
I pray that God would raise up many "pulpit step sitters."

"Brothers and sisters, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored..." (2 Thess 3:1)

2 comments:

David said...

That's a good word, my friend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Dave. May God bless you and empower you this morning as your preach His Word. Say Hi to Bobbi.

Daniel