Friday, April 10, 2009

Family Devotions on Good Friday

During the afternoon, while I was at the study, Molly read the story of the crucifixion from the Gospels. they also made a tomb out of clay (yesterday) as seen here.

Tonight we spent time talking about it and we went down to the computer and watched many Youtube videos of songs of the cross. Here is one that was very impacting to us all. It was quite shocking to them.

Both my older kids understand that Jesus suffered greatly from the Romans and Jews. They really have a hard time getting the fact that the one who really killed Jesus was God -- Like father like son. Buddy made a double-take this morning when I told him that God never forsakes His own but He did forsake Jesus for a few hours on Friday. 2 Cor. 5:21 -- "He made him to be sin who knew no sin..."

Psalm 22:1 -- "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me..."

Warning - many images in this video are disturbing.

No comments: