Thursday, July 10, 2008

Your Bucket List

On Sunday night Molly and I watched "The Bucket List" (see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/) with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. The bucket list is the list of things you want to do or accomplish before you "kick the bucket." Both men receive news that their cancer means they have less then a year to live so they make a list and with the help of Jack's endless resources and set out to cross out everything on the list. The list included skydiving, racing cars, traveling all over the world and seeing something truly majestic among other things.



I couldn't help but ask myself the question: "what would be on your bucket list?" And the question we should all ask is this: "what would the bucket list of a follower of Jesus look like?"



- to know Christ and Him crucified

- to fellowship in Christ's sufferings

- to taste and see the goodness of the Lord

- to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord

- to pursue the faith and joy and holiness of my family

- to preach the Gospel where Christ hasn't been preached

...



Whoever seeks to gain his life will lose it. . . And whoever loses his life for Christ will gain it.



For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.



I consider all things as rubbish (including worldly bucket lists) in order that I might know Christ. Philippians 3.



DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: