Wednesday, July 16, 2008

God Knows Us and Still Loves Us

I read Psalm 139 this morning and was struck with these two thoughts:



- First, God knows everything about me (my thoughts, my words before I speak, everything). What if your spouse or pastor or best friend knew all your thoughts and words? That would be scary. As sinful creatures we are all glad at times that people are not exposed to our thoughts. However, God discerns our "thoughts from afar." (V. 3) I know there has been many times when I have been relieved that so and so did not hear what I said, but verse 4 says he knows every word before we even speak.



What does this mean in my relationship with God? Can I actually inform God about something in my prayers? No. Can I every deceive Him and put on a show, trying to be someone that I am not in order to impress Him (like we often do with other people)? No way. He has complete knowledge of me. This truth is sobering.



- Secondly, inspite of God's complete and realistic view about me (which means he knows how sinful I am in words, thoughts and actions), I am loved and excepted by Him in Jesus. I can be honest with Him and confess all my junk to Him knowing that none of it will surprise Him in the least and I can stand cleansed in His mercy and foregiveness because of what Jesus did.



Psalm 130 says:

"3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?4 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.7 O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption.8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.



All beause of Jesus and His Crosswork.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Daniel thank you for the reminder on your blog this Wednesday morning that God knows my every thought and desire and yet even though I have a wicked heart; God in His great mercy still loves me through my faith and belief in Christ.