Last Friday, Molly, the kids and I loaded the van and headed for eastern Wisconsin where my parents live (Dunbar, WI - near Northland International University). We had a very restful and encouraging weekend. We returned to Minnesota on Tuesday morning.
I am thankful to God for all the little blessings that He gives us to enjoy.
Here are some highlights that I thank Him for:
- Celebrated Paul's birthday (which is Saturday, May 30th - he will be five)
- Watched the NBA playoffs with my three brothers
- I was able to enjoy a good run through the country.
- Went to a family run zoo in Wallace, MI (the UP of MI). The kids got to pet a tiger cub, baby coyote, kangaroo, and we watched the tigers and lions getting fed. Here is the zoo website.
- We had a feast at my grandmother's house.
- We watch more NBA basketball.
- We worshiped at my parents church (where I grew up) - Faith Baptist Church in Pembine WI.
- I enjoyed several walks by myself, with the kids and with Molly.
- The VanAckers stopped by my parent's house on their way to MI. We enjoyed supper with them.
- We watched more Playoff basketball.
- Went on a four-wheel ride with Elijah and saw a bear with her two cubs. Got some good pictures (see above). We got very close. It was crazy to be so close to a bear in the wild.
- Enjoyed a tasty grill-out of burgers and brats (it's Wisconsin).
- Went miniature golfing with the kids.
- More four-wheeling.
- Watched Star Wars Episode 1 with the family.
- Watched basketball.