Thoughts on applying Romans 8:13:
- We kill sin by hacking to pieces old sinful habits and cultivating new righteous habits.
- The instrument of killing old sinful habits and cultivating new God-glorifying habits is the heart.
- We kill sin by abstaining from fleshly lust (1 Peter 2:11 and 1 Corinthians 6:18).
- We abstain from fleshly lust by making no provision for the flesh (Romans 13:14).
- We abstain from fleshly lust by fixing our heart of Christ (1 John 3:3).
- Sin is not killed when it is merely covered up (Proverbs 28:13).
- Sin is not killed when it is only internalized.
- Sin is not killed until the conscience is quiet.
- Having a quiet conscience is a large part of effective evangelism.
- Loud consciences are God's trumpet calling us to battle against sin.
I pray that you, with the guys in the Men's Freedom Ministry, will be challenged by these observations to put to death the deads of the body and LIVE!