Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Praying for Your Pastors

At the risk of sounding self-serving I'd like to draw your attention to an article that I read this morning by Pastor Thabiti Anyabwile.

"Hey, have you prayed for or encouraged your pastor today? At the risk of sounding self-serving, could I suggest that every Christian church member consider one of their main ministries the ministry of encouragement for their pastors and elders. I received an email from one brother stating that he knew of over 20 pastors leaving the pastorate in one region of the U.S. I've had opportunity to interact with at least three pastors experiencing deep struggle. That doesn't include the normal battles for encouragement, joy, and perseverance that are just normal to pastoral ministry. So, have you prayed for your pastor(s) today?"

http://purechurch.blogspot.com/2008/10/odd-bits-and-pieces.html

Please realize that we need it!

1 comment:

northWord said...

Very good..I need and want to be reminded of this. I do know that the Shepherds need lots and lots of being lifted to the Lord, and the wives and families behind them too!

God bless you all, Pastor Dan.