Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Me and My Bible"

For my first "two blog day" I'd like to draw your attention to another couple of thoughts that I got from Justin Taylor who got them from Michael Horton and Larry Woiwode. Both quotes are very wise in my estimation.

Michael Horton: "The best way to guard a true interpretation of Scripture, the Reformers insisted, was neither to naively embrace the infallibility of tradition, or the infallibility of the individual, but to recognize the communal interpretation of Scripture. The best way to ensure faithfulness to the text is to read it together, not only with the churches of our own time and place, but with the wider 'communion of saints' down through the age."

Larry Woiwode: "There is rugged terrain ahead for those who are constitutionally incapable of referring to the paths marked out by wise and spirit-filled cartographers over the centuries."

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/10/why-just-me-and-my-bible-is.html

Pastor Dave

No comments: